Skygate Collection L-39 Albatros
The beauty, which never really had a chance to shine. Not many have been built. Less have been flown. Most have been swallowed by the internal problems, which forced Skygate to close their doors. If you ever thought about building this magnificent jet, then now it’s the time to pull the trigger. If you already had one on order, fell victim of slow production and never ending delays, now is the time to get back on the list. CARF-Models will be carrying this Albatros into execution, consummating what Stephan Voelker had started.
The Albatros is a very large jet with 2.37m wingspan, almost 3m length. The word Museum Scale does not describe the detailing of the kit enough. It is out of this world, to say the least. So we start with the Albatros as a all silver, highly prefabricated builders kit first. The L-39 Albatros stands at the beginning of its carreer, that’s why the highest emphasis is put into the contest level scale fidelity. A scale landing gear is available as well as a full scale cockpit kit. For various power options we offer ducting and fuel tank sets and also provide valuable scale documentations of several full scale aircrafts.
If you are planning to build an L-39 Albatros in the near future, then it’s wise to go with the CARF version of the Skygate Albatros. For several reasons:
- Highest prefabrication, even if we don’t want to use the word ARF, it will come close to it
- Designed by the 4-times Jet World Champion Stephan Voelker based on all his experience with the high-end model jet technology
- Built at the sophisticated production plant of CARF Models, using the very best materials and extraordinary quality control
- Straight forward build, following an exact and complete instruction manual
- Well engineered, tested and proven scale landing gear available
- Great flight envelop, slow flight, aerobatics capabilities
- Well organized CARF typical spare parts supply and after sales service
CARF Models does not supply empty fiberglass shells and a wealth of plywood formers to be installed by the modeler. A CARF Model, and so the L-39 Albatros even if called “builder’s kit”, is as highly prefabricated as you can imagine, so that you do not have to purchase additional “further building stages” at extra cost. CARF includes this free of charge for you. Look through the photos to see what you get for your money.
Excuse our excitement, but: Get one! It’s f... awesome!
The Albatros is a 100% museum scale airplane. We dare to say that you cannot get anything better in todays model airplane world. Due to the fact that it still has a very high potential for true scale modelers, we opted to offer only a single color version. Too much value still, as to paint it in the molds with even an only slightly compromised color scheme. This is the silver version, which is a perfect base for any scale color scheme, be it a weathered camouflage or a shiny restauration airshow scheme.