- Durable metal-geared pump
- Infinitely variable flow rate from 0 - 100%
- No external cut-off valve required
- High maximum flow rate
- Can be operated directly from the receiver power supply
- Stand-by cut-off when used with separate battery
- Compact design
- Low current drain
- Mounting facility
- The PowerBox Smokepump has been developed by PowerBox Systems specifically for pumping smoke oil in model aircraft. The mechanical system and electronics are manufactured on our own premises, and the unit's high standard of quality is evident from its long effective life: the PowerBox Smokepump is the world's most durable smoke oil pump, as has been demonstrated in several long-term tests.
The mechanical pump system is assembled entirely from high-quality aluminium and brass parts. All our pumps are subjected to a running-in procedure during manufacture, ensuring that the gears mesh perfectly, and that the pump is 100% leak-free. Tight manufacturing tolerances eliminate the need for a separate cut-off valve with the PowerBox Smokepump.
The electronic circuit is infinitely variable within the range 0% - 100%, allowing the pilot to fine-tune the flow rate to match the exact requirements of the model. The Smokepump can be powered either by a PowerBox or a separate battery.
If a separate battery is used, the electronic circuit switches to a "stand-by" mode if the receiver fails to pick up a signal. This means that it is not necessary to provide a separate switch to isolate the PowerBox Smokepump from the battery when you switch the model off.
The PowerBox Smokepump is available in a Standard version and a Jet version, the later with higher throughput and twin outlets.
The maximum flow rate of the Smokepump (Order No. 8010) is around 750 ml./min., while the Smokepump Jet (Order No. 8015) is capable of around 950 ml. The set includes all the necessary connecting leads and a length of heat-resistant hose. The standard set also contains a Y-piece which can be used to connect both silencers of an opposed-twin (boxer) engine.
|Operating voltage||4.0V - 9.0V|
|Current drain Power-on state||approx. 1.8 Ampere at 100%|
|Current drain Standby||10µA|
|Max. flow rate||max. 950ml/min|
|Smoke medium||Smokeöl „blue Max“ or 3W Smokeöl|
|Dimensions||79 x 31 mm|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +75°C|